Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fibromyalgia

Well it's been a while since I have posted. Sorry about that.
As I said the last time I was on I was on my way to find out about EDS. The doctor took alot of time with me. We did a physical exam,blood work and x-rays. In the end he said I was very flexible and had lax joints but he does not feel it is EDS he says I have Fibromyalgia. He left me with that and said he would send his findings and thoughts on to my family doctor as well as Dr.Oro. I wasn't going to do anything with this new information but as soon as Dr.Oro got the information from the Rheumatologist I went to I was contacted by Kim (Oro's nurse) and informed that they would like to try me on Lyrica for the Fibromyalgia. I started that last night so a little to soon to tell if it has helped.
I continue to have good and bad days.My feet,hands,arms,neck and head are still issues most days.I am still struggling with memory issues and some days I talk backwards or stutter. I still am needing my Flexiril and Vicodin almost daily.
Yesterday I spent about 2 hours with Sierra at the tattoo parlor. We both love love love butterflies so she got a very nice sized tattoo on her back. 2 butterflies to symbolize the 2 of us and a stargazing lily flower in the middle and she picked the color purple to put in the butterflies for my Chiari. She said she was not going to go through another surgery with me with out something meaningful and important to her so she decided on going with a tattoo.She will have the 2 butterflies with her forever now. It hurt to see her go through so much pain for me but the tattoo is soooo beautiful and has such meaning to both of us that it is really speacial. I wanted to get the same tattoo only smaller on my foot but Michael asked me not to just because I don't feel well and I have this internal vibration all the time that the vibration of the needle would just be to much for me right now. I know he is right it is just sad for me because Sierra and I had hoped to do it together.
I will have Michael post the picture of Sierra's tattoo. I don't know enough about the computer to do it myself.
We are still moving in with my mom.We have most things packed just waiting for Joshua to get moved out.This week we are giving our living room furniture to a church friend who is in need.We thought it better that some one get some use out of the stuff instead of paying for a storage unit. We also have stuff for a garage sale to put towards the cost of going back o Colorado for my TC surgery.
As for my surgery~I ended up having to put it off til May. Shelley (my boss) was having a hard time finding care for Sydney in March and April but knew that in May her niece would be off school and could help out so she has offered to help me pay my insurance deductible and allow me to come back to work if I would put surgery off til May.Now we will head out to Colorado the last week in May.I hated having to do this but felt like I didn't have alot of choice. Money is tight for many people including us. The raise that I posted about Michael getting was taken away to cut costs at his job.Thankfully he does still have his job!!
Take care,
L

No comments: