Sunday, July 6, 2008

It is awful outside

It is soo thick out there.I am so thankful I don't have to work outside.I used to be cold all the time,since the chiari I am always sooo HOT so one of the blessing of going back to childcare is not having to get out.
Nothing going on.
The 4th of July was nice.We were with Sierra and Chuckie and his parents.The weather on the 4th couldn't of been more perfect.The rest of the long weekend was spent going to the store,cleaning the house and going to church.After church today about 16 of us went to lunch at a Mexican place.YUMMMM!!We have one couple leaving next Sunday for Russia to pick up the little boy they are adopting and another group leaving for Asia on a mission trip.They will be gone 16 days.
I have no more news concerning Nicole and her husband.After hearing of some of the things that the group going to Asia may endure and the things the group that just returned from Africa had to endure I have to say I am sorry for the things Nicole is going through but I can't hardly believe her when she says she HATES this country.I think her move to Mexico may be a real eye opener for her.(just for the record I would say this to her face so I don't feel this is gossip).I think she said her husbands court date is July 15th and the charges are~coming into the country illegally as well as idenity theft. I guess because the name and number on the green card were made up. I'd like to think I am getting the whole story but maybe not.My main concern is the kids.
I called Dr.Oro last Wednesday.I haven't been feeling great.The headaches and the hand pain and tingling were something I wanted him to be aware of and of course I wanted to know if he had any suggestions.No one ever called me back. I'd like to think they'd be a bit more concerned since I am just a month out from the decompression but maybe not.I did go get the second copy of my spianl MRI and will send it off tomorrow and see if I hear anything back.
A little bit busier this coming week since Jayde will be back full time. Alma is doing so good with the potty training I hope and pray Jayde will follow her lead.
Take care and good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Liz. I live in North Carolina and I am a 21 yr old full time student. I was diagnosed with Chiari 1 about 3 months ago after struggling for a long time to get diagnosed with something, anything as I have read you experienced also. I actually went to see Dr. Oro with my parents about 1 month ago and he set my surgery date for August 19th. I'm starting more pain these past days lately but I'm really starting to feel alot of anxiety. I dont know what to do, if I should have the surgery or I should wait until the next time I pass out. Thats another thing, the main concern, yes I have Chiari but I have "cerebellar fits" what Dr. Oro says they are which is passing out and looking as if I'm having a seizure. I lose consciousness and often stop breathing which is very scary being so young and if I were to be driving or home alone at my apt. He says there is no way to really know for sure but he thinks that the Chiari could be causing these fits. I really was just looking to be able to talk to you and talk to others who have had the deompression and find out ALL i possibly can about it because as it is nearing I will admit I am getting Scared to death! :-( I really like your blog and wish I had one similar haha...I really look forward to talking to you. My email is lizbelieve@hotmail.com

:-) I hope you are feeling better and have a great day! :-)

Liz