Monday, April 14, 2008

just want to share

I just wanted to share my Sunday morning with you.
We went to church just as we do every Sunday,we sang our songs and prayed and sang some more than came our time of "coming to the ALTAR to pray" where our pastor has use come forward and get on our knees and pray if we feel lead to.This day~ Laura and Michael Flaws were to come to the altar and the congergation "laid hands"on us and prayed for our upcoming trip and the outcome.I had people holding my hand,people with their hands on my arm,leg, back and my pastor with his hand on the back of my head.I've had people pray for me before but never anything like this.I was overwhelmed!I was on my kness and some one asked if I needed help getting up and I really did need help getting up.It was that moving to me.After church service we went upstairs to our small groups (Sunday school).I am in a big group that meets than breaks into a smaller womens group,Michael teaches the youth.I walked in to put my things down and get coffee and "Donna" a very wonderful lady handed me a check for-travel expenses-I tryed to give it back.These are not things I am used to.I always help the other person ya know.Any way she said she felt lead to give us $100.00.WOW!!Than before our small groups broke off "Paul" who put's some activities together for our group said he had an announcement-in May we are doing clean up at blah blah and in June we will be meeting at Mike and Laura's to move them to the apartment.At this point I was finally speechless.I was sooo overcome with emotion this day.I am so glad I didn't wear mascara.People never cease to amaze me.I think the hard part is to be the taker instead of being the giver.However seeing and feeling this goodness from others does make me continue to give when and where I can.
Just wanted to share.
Have a good Monday,
Lolo

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

How wonderful that your church members layed hands on you. It sounds like they are supporting you and praying for you! AND moving you into your new place. God hears our prayers ~ Hugs ~ Lace