Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sierra

So Sierra has these 2 dimples on her lower back on either side of her spine.She has had them for as long as I can remember and she is a hairy little thing ~ so as I am still learning about my chiari I am concerned about Sierra and possible tethered cord.She also seems to have UTI's often.So how do I go about first telling her about my concerns and than finding someone to have a look at her? Is tethered cord as "rare"as chiari is? I go to Dr.Oro on the 21st for my chiari I guess I will ask him what he thinks about her and her little ~butt dimples~ as Lace says.
I had one of the worst chiari headaches yesterday I have ever had.It was off the scale.I ended up having the daycare darlings just kinda do their own thing downstairs while I layed there with an ice pack on the side of my face.It was awful.Thank God it finally did let up cause I was having Michael come home from work.Today so far is not so bad.I can't tell if I think the ultram is doing anything or not.I do think the cymbalta is helping with nerve pain and anxiety.
Rowan~one of my little darlings is going to spend the night with me tonight and Saturday night Jayde~another of my little darlings is going to spend the night so I think I have my work and my week laid out for me.It is pretty great when you can build good relationships so much so that mom and dad feel good about asking the babysitter to keep baby overnight.We used to have someone with us every weekend until chiari became my life.Now it is a little harder on me.
I joined weight watchers last night.I feel pretty good about it so we will see what happens.
I am going to rest while all my little darlings are resting.
I pray you all are pain free,
Lolo

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

I think that 'occult' tethered cord is not really talked about with neurosurgeons. It's invisible on the MRI ~ but it's the outward signs, symptoms, the shape of the chiari malformation that tell us that it's there ~ lurking ~ pulling the brainstem and brain down to our butt dimples! The more I learn about tethered cord the more I shake my head! ~Hugs ~ Lace