Friday, April 25, 2008

so happy it is Friday

I am so thankful today is the last day of the work week.Even though I had a short work week and fewer than normal kids I am beat!
We were going to move to our apartment on the 7th of June,however when we went to sign the lease we moved that date up one week to the 30th of May.Ealier this week we found out that I would be having surgery on the 3rd of June so we have yet again changed our moving date to the 23rd of May. This weekend is cleaning and preparing for the garage sale the following weekend.Than we will need to finish packing and move the following couple of weeks than off to surgery.I guess the good thing about being this busy is I won't have a lot of down time to dwell on the surgery huh?
I know Michael and my mom are going to Colorado with me.I had mentioned many blogs back that since the chiari I had been trying to restore my relationship with my dad.He freaked me out the other night by telling me he would be there with me through my surgery too.Keep in mind I have talked to my dad more this last month than I have in probably 3 or 4 years so this is BIG.There is little doubt in my mind now that the Lord certainly does know what he is doing.The restored relationships since my chiari have been unbelievable to say the least.
I have a question for those who may read this who have kids and have been where I am going.Do you just watch for signs in your kids? We know we have the chiari gene so are chances greater that our kids may end up having chiari as well? I think of Julie Carter and her girls so I was just wondering.My daughter does have the 2 dimples in her lower back and my son who is 20 now has struggled with lower back pain since he was 14.I think I will also talk to my PCP and see what he thinks.Dr.Oro is wanting me to have a pre-surgery history and physical done.What is that?I already have the appointment set up but don't know what to expect.
I pray you all have a great weekend and a pain free one at that,
Lolo

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

With your garage sale and moving your won't have much time to dwell on the upcoming surgery. The pre-surgical physical is basically to make sure that your body is healthy enough to withstand the surgery. They might also do an echocardiogram to check your heart, too. No biggie, just part of the process.

I would ask Dr. Oro his thoughts on pursuing the chiari issue with your kids. I know for me ~ when I am feeling better I will jump into getting my kids screened. Not yet ~ they aren't displaying any signs right now and they are young. I will pray that your energy levels stay up these next couple of weeks so you can get everything done! Hugs ~ Lace