Wednesday, April 23, 2008

my visit with Dr.Oro

I saw Dr.Oro Monday.He is just the greatest.He already had all of my MRI films and some other test results so I didn't need to be sent for any further testing which was nice.He is just honest and to the point.I have chiari it is progressing and I should really consider having the decompression surgery.There is some concern of tethered cord which would change things a bit.I am having a lumbar MRI done here at home and will send him the results and go from there.
We were able to stay at the~Strawberry place~.It is a 4 plex and a nice one at that.Hopefully when surgery is scheduled we will be able to stay there again.It was close to everything.Lots of places to eat and shop.It has a full kicthen if you wanted to cook you could because it has everything you would need.Even a washer and dryer.It was nice to come home and not have a ton of laundry.
We found out yesterday that we can move to our apartment one week earlier than we had thought so that is great news.Things around here are coming along as far as cleaning,garage sale things and just packing.
This is my first day back to my little darlings this week since I went to the Dr.They are all so great.I got lots of love when they came in the door this morning.I have 3 less than on a normal day so coming off the Dr.appointment it is really nice.
Michael has been wonderful as always and ready to get on with the surgery and life.He is very strong and I am very thankful for that.
When we got home and let the family and friends know of the outcome of my visit with Dr.Oro everyone thought they needed to come to Coloardo with me for the surgery so I had to remind people this brain surgery we are going to not a party.
Hugs to all,
Lolo

No comments: