Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My first blog

I'm 38 and just happened upon this blog thing. Very cool.
My name is Laura,however I provide childcare in my home and the darling little kids all call me Lolo.
My journey with Chiari started a few months ago with an awful lot of pain in my neck,shoulders and arms.On Thanksgiving last year I was trying to make muffins and fill the muffin cups when my right hand just kinda decided it didn't want to work. Telling my mom about it of course she wanted me to see a doctor right away but she thought maybe I was dealing with accluded arteries.My PCP hada x-ray of my neck done nd said it showed nothing let's try and MRI.By this time the pain was more common and more intense. I started also feeling burning sensations in my shoulders and upper back.The MRI comes back and according to my PCP said "nothing " so they sent me to a pain management Dr.After I picked up my MRI and report to take to the next Dr. I read my report which very clearing said Chiari Malformation 5 mm herination.The pain Dr. could do nothing for me so she sent me to a Neurologist to have a nerve test done called an EGM.She did the test said things basically looked normal except for "something" in my left bicep. She did look at my MRI and showed me on the film the descending cerrebellum but sent me on my way.Since than and this was just the first part of Jan. I have had headache,neck ache,chest pressure,rapid heart beat,shortness of breath,mild balance issues.memory issues,fatigue,no sleep,vision issues,leg weakness,pain in arms and tingling in hands.The list goes on.I sent my MRI and other test results of to Dr.Oro in Colorado hopefull he can lead me in the right direction.
Life has certainly changed for me.Not nearly as active or cheerful as I used to be.Thank God for my husband.I don't know where I would be with out him and lots of pain medication.
Til next time,
Lolo

2 comments:

lzwitty said...

It's amazing that you were diagnosed so early! You're officially invited to visit my blog. I detail my experience going through misdiagnoses , surgeries this summer, recovery, etc. I also have lots of good links as I'm sure you have a lot of questions, too. Feel free to post if you do have questions, concerns, etc. I'll keep you in my prayers.

www.wittybigbrain.blogspot.com

laura said...

I have been on your blog a couple of times.Very useful.Thank you.