Saturday, February 23, 2008

a trip to the hospital

I got to spend several hours at the e.r. yesterday.
I like many of you have the really rapid heart beat and chest pressure.I am usually able to get things to settle down taking my xanax and resting but it wasn't changing yesterday and as the time grew closer for the day care babies to show up I became more and more upset and just knew I couldn't at that point due my job.Michael got me to the E.R. I also had very high blood pressure.But after 5 hours,chest x-ray,lab work and a cat scan all my results were text book perfect so I was sent home.The doctors and nurses were all very kind however none of them knew anything about chiari.
I have a lot of chest pressure today so I am just trying to do things very slowly.Michael and I are going over our budget looking for ways I can cut back on daycare kids because it is so hard on me.We are also talking about trying to move the daycare area upstairs and my daughter downstairs because the stairs are so hard for me especially if I am carrying a baby or 2.
I go Monday for the brain MRI.Trying to get all these test out of the way as I know Dr.Oro will want all these results when I go in April.It will be so nice to go and finally see a Doctor that undersatnds.
Hugs to all,
Laura

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

Thinking about you and your upcoming MRI. My experience with the brain MRI's ~ they are loud ~ more loud because of our braintail ~ ask for foam padding around your ears and bring cotton to shove in your ears ~ it helps muffle the sound. When you are having the MRI done, think of your most favorite, serene place and go there in your mind. Hugs to you ~ Lace