Monday, June 16, 2008

Dr.Oro

I just want to vent a minute.

I am getting a little more than upset with Dr.Oro's office~
My very first visit with him was in April.At that time we walked out knowing I had chiari and he thought surgery was the best thing for me. My homework was to come home and have an entire spinal MRI and a pre-surgical physical done.May 4th I had the 2 hour MRI and sent it to his office as I was told too.I still can see the little box containing the cd MRI. 1 week later I had the physical which my family dr. sent him.I called 2 weeks later to make sure Dr.Oro recieved both the MRI and the letter from my doctor.They had staff changes so they would need to call me back.Stacey was no longer his nurse who I could direct my questions to but Renee now had that job-ok, no big deal.Renee said this is my first day can I take your info find the things you are asking about and call you back-Sure I am fine with that.Of course she didn't call back.Another week goes by and I have 2 weeks til decompressin surgery I need to know if those things I was told to get /do had gotten where the were supposed too.This time Renee says yes both things are here and I will put them on Dr.Oro's desk. GREAT!!! I can relax.
I get to my pre-op on June 2nd.After going over the surgery for the next day I want to know his take on the spinal MRI I sent him.He doesn't recall what I am talking about so I show him the written MRI report I have with me.As he reads he says"interesting -very interesting" I said "I have tethered cord don't I" his reply was YES.I looked at Michael and said "I told ya".Dr.Oro sat there for a minute and thought about changing the surgery we were doing for the following day and I said that is not what I had in the plans so let's do what we had planned and see if the decompression does anything for the tethered cord.Yeah yeah that's what we will do.He asked if he could have my MRI report copy and I asked that he copy it so I could hang on it what I had,he did and put a yellow sticky note on it for his office staff to find that MRI cd.
I saw him twice after surgery,I asked him twice about the cd before being released,the first time he says oh I don't think it is going to be anything.Upon leaving the hospital I asked him again about the cd-I think my staff found it it was in a manilla (sp) envelope.NO IT WASN"T!!! It was in a cute little cd box from the post office to mail cd's.
Ok.I have left it alone for a couple of weeks. I called last week to schedule my 2 month post-op.While talking to Teresa I asked about that cd.She was"going to get her hot little hands on it and call me right back.Thursday still hadn't heard a thing.
I called just now and spoke to Cindy.They still have no idea what I am talking about so now I get to pay for a copy of that cd since it is LOST.I will hand carry it to him in August when I go.
The other thing.I asked if the appointment was correct in August~ Yeah,I am supposed to go next door for MRI's at 2 but be at Dr.Oro's office at 2:30 to review those MRI's. Is that even possible???????

1 comment:

jcubsdad said...

lolo, hang in there. I have been going rounds with renee in the office but I think we are in control I go Aug 11th for my first appointment, I am pretty sure we are decompressing.

I am interested in knowing how the surgery went for you. Other then being disorganized was he a good doctor, did he answer your concerns etcetera? you can write me at jcubsdadATmsnDOTcom if you wish.

Thanks