Sunday, June 22, 2008

going back to work tomorrow

I think I really went back to work this weekend.
Friday night Jayme (step-daughter) came and stayed with us and so did Kaleb. I watched Kaleb for a long time.He was about 4 months when I started with him and he is now 4.Although I don't keep him now during a work week we like to have him once in a while on the weekends so this was the weekend.We also had Christian.His mommy had some things she needed to take care of so we gladly had him too.I feel like I haven't slept in a long time.I think I may of been ok had I not had a baby in my bed.Oh well,I can always rest later right?
We went swimming and out to eat and have just played alot this weekend.
On a sad note~Sierra's grandpa (her real dad's dad) is hangin on to life.He went to the hospital for internal bleeding which led them to find out he had a tumor on or in his colon. After removing it he became very ill with a staph infection.He ended up needing to be moved from one hospital to another and is now in a coma. Scott (sierra's dad) is going to be heading to Idaho-where grandpa is- tonight but we are financially unable to get Sierra there.Keep her in your prayers please!
So, in my free time this weekend I have been reading and going over my spinal MRI~ya know the one Dr.Oro's office can't find. It doesn't say "tethered cord" it says-L3 and L4 disc levels have decreased signal and height as well as SPINAL LIPOMA.Also bulging annulus seen with mild neural foraminal encroachment and facet hypertrophy with fluid noted.
L4 and L5 says the same as well as lateral recess encroachment. What does this mean??
When I look up spinal lipoma I don't come with alot but what I have seen says it is in fact tethered cord or is a cause of tethered cord.
I have to go back and get another MRI cd and send it to Dr.Oro again so it is still going to be a bit of time before he goes over this and may not discuss it with me till I go in August for my 2 month post-op. I was really considering not going back at all and just having my family doctor order the MRI's Dr.Oro will want for my 2 month post-op but now I am reconsideing that just because I want to know what this spinal lipoma is.Any thoughts Lace??
Have a great week ya all.

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

The spinal MRI's are tricky especially when u r dealing with occult tethered cord. I was completely shocked when TCI told me i had tethered cord. Nothing on my report said otherwise. But ~ they measured my brain stem ~ elongaged, low lying conus, sacral dimple ~ check, trouble with my gait ~ check ~ and the way my chiari is herniated all pointed to tethered cord. Of course the local docs thought I was smoking crack when i told them TCI diagnosed me with TC. you have to trust Dr. Oro ~ Hugs ~ Lace