Tuesday, March 25, 2008

conquer chiari

So I shared with you that I thought Rick's -conquer chiari-book is awesome.I have given the book to a family member to read.I think WE try to explain to people what we are going through and how we feel but they may not really "get it"til they can get their hands on something like this book.My mother-in-law even after I shared with her my daily symptoms and struggle's was shocked to say the least when she started reading the book.She marked pages and called me with the questions she had.I think so many people think-have the brain surgery and you will be fine-that may be the furthest thing from the truth in our cases.Knowledge is power here.
I pray that people would also try to keep in mind that no 2 days are the same for us.We don't even know what our day will be til we live it.
I am looking for ways to help our loved ones REALLY understand our situation.We need their support on a daily basis so they should be aware of what they are getting into.
I must say Michael and my daughter have been awesome in being there for me no matter what I may need.I am soo thankful for them.I don't think though that anything can replace a fellow chiarian and the support we get from each other.
Lolo

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

So happy for you that you are able to share the book with your family and friends. You are right ~ it's close to impossible to explain all that's going on with someone who has Chiari. Knowlege is power and getting the support you need is a bonus. Hugs to you ~ Lace