Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Michael and I have been married for 9 years today. I have to admit that we were talking about it last night and than this morning neither one of us remembered until Michael was leaving for work and something kept telling me there is something going on today~Oh duhhhh! I can blame my whole memory thing on Chiari- what shall Michael's excuse be??
Ya all know I am still pretty new to this whole chiari thing right?? I am so amazed at how one day you feel pain but you do alright and then the next day the chiari symptoms kick your butt.I am soo glad Michael doesn't mind that we wait til the weekend to do anything for our anniversary. I have lots of neck pain as well as pain right between the shoulder blades.Weakness in my legs and trouble with my breathing.Should I generally just expect things to be this way?My heart is going to town as well. It seems like the closer it gets to go see Dr.Oro the slower the time goes.
We looked at the apartment last night and found that we could make it meet our needs. One level,no stairs,no yard work,no shoveling,no hardwood floors.Sounds good,however I still don't think we have made a clear cut decision.I don't think we will until after we talk to Dr.Oro. It could be very interseting trying to move a 4 bedroom 2 full bath house to a 2 bedroom apartment.I will have one heck of a garage sale.I have been trying to "pay attention" to God through this chiari journey and I have felt for some time I am hearing him say to me-downsize-simplify-slow down.Maybe this is where this much smaller apartment comes in.I certainly do not mind ~letting go~ off things and downsizing.I am looking forward to it.Infact yesterday I cleaned out my side of the closet and ended up with 2 bags full of stuff.I just feel like I could go through this house like a tornado and get rid of so much stuff.
I've got the "shakes" so i'll shut up for now.
God bless you!

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

Happy Anniversary! I think it's great that you are thinking about down-sizing ~ it will be a great opportunity to simplify things so you can focus on feeling better! Hugs ~ Lace