Thursday, May 1, 2008

chiari walk

I know you may read this many times on other blogs or at conquer chiair's website.
There is going to be a BIG chiari walk in September in which conquer chiari is hoping to get all 50 states to do a walk the same day and raise money and awareness. I am hoping to be involved in some way providing I am recovering well from surgery.
I am going to get ahold of our state rep.( I go to church with him) and find out what needs to be done to get Missouri to recoginize September as Chiari awareness month.
Wish me luck,
Lolo

1 comment:

chriluvspugs said...

Hi,
That is a great idea. In fact, I live in south Jersey and have recently started the South Jersey Chiari (Support Group) Initiative. On my request, Little Egg Harbor Township has proclaimated April 10th chiari Awareness day here in LEH. I learned of September, after the Proclaimation was done. I have also been in contact with NEW JERSEY's State Senator to see how and what needs to be done to have a State Proclaimation declared in New JERSEY. FYI : April 10th is Health AWARENESS WEEK. Look for my new SOUTH JERSEY CHIARI INITIATIVE BLOG in the next week. The first event held is going to be a Community awareness meeting JUNE 26 2008, with guest speaker (my doctor)Paulo Bolognese From the Chiari Institute Via Teleconfrence.
I would be interested in doing holding a walk in NJ on the same day you are. Keep me posted and more info to follow on the new upcoming Blog.
Strength is in Support, we are in this together.
CHRISTINE M.