Monday, May 5, 2008

what a weekend

Oh my gosh,what a weekend or rather what a late Thursday into Friday night we had.
I woke up about 2 Friday morning to go pee,I came back to lay down and the wind picked up and I thought it was going to take out our bedroom window.I have been through one tornado and wasn't ready for another.I woke Michael and he went to check things as the wind contiued.Sierra woke up at this point and she and I were sent downstairs to my room as the rain and hail came.About that time we lost power.The neighbor's tree was up rooted and we are talking a BIG tree here.We figured we weren't going back to sleep so we thought we'd be like strom chaser's.We went cruisin' around at 3 in the morning in a ugly strom.Lots of damage in our area.Our power remained off until about 7 Friday night and our basement flooded so no one went to school or work Friday.The garage sale also did not go.The wind and rain kept us from that.Saturday was a little better and we did sale somethings but there were just no people out. I'm sure because people were cleaning up after the strom.
Friday afternoon I went for the spinal MRI.It sucked.It took 40 minutes.My muscles were burning and I was near tears by the time it was over. Than to come home to no power,ugh!
Hopefully this week will be a little bit better.We have 19 day's til moving day and now after the strom and no working a/c we are really ready to go.We went and picked out new living room furniture,a dining room table,deck furniture and a new washer all will be delivered to the apartment which will be very nice and very helpful.Surgery is now less than a month away too. I am praying I will end up feeling better after surgery but am still concerned about the tethered cord. I realized this weekend the amount of things I can not do now since the chiari and it is upsetting. I made the decision that unless it is a must I should probably not drive.It's like I can't multi task anymore.Doing more than one thing at a time is starting to really confuse me. I'll keep ya all up to date as the week goes on.
Have a good one,
Lolo

No comments: